Table of Contents
INTRODUCTION. This explains a bit about this website and why I am now posting some things that go back over 50 years.
- Construct Validity, 1965.
- How Should We Live Together?, 1996.
- Extended Rational Discussions, 1973.
- In Search of the Competent Citizen, 1975
- “Citizens Panels: a new approach to citizen participation” Public Administration Review, vol. 46, #2, March/April 1986.
- “Creating an Authentic Voice of the People” A paper presented at the annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, April 18-20, 1996
- Articles in Books
- Gastil and Levine
- Renn, O., Webler, Th., Wiedemann, P. (eds.): Fairness and Competence in Citizen Participation. Evaluating New Models for Environmental Discourse. Dordrecht and Boston (Kluwer 1995)
- The book in Minnesota on environmental decision making
- “Citizens Panels: a new democratic process for risk management”
- Citizens Jury Process In Britain: An Initial Examination of Citizens Jury Use in Britain,1994-2012; By Lydia Carlson and Ned Crosby, April, 2013.
- Essay #1810 (7-12-99)
- Essay #3000 (5-2-15)
- “Research Relevant to Sound Deliberation Practice”
- Creating the Citizens Initiative Review
- Healthy Democracy, empowering a clear and informed voice of the people, 2003. HEALTHY DEMOCRACY: A Retrospective and Look Ahead, 2013.
- “Restoring American Democracy” NOT YET POSTED
- “Ready for the Big One?”
- Concern for All, 1973. NOT YET POSTED
- System 4, 1976.
- Towards A New Democracy, 1980.
- “A New American Democracy”, 2007 Journal of Public Deliberation, Vol 3: Issue 1, Article 1, “by Mark Twain IV”.